Sony strikes again.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
As a corporate strategy, I really don't think you can go wrong with doing the opposite of things that S*ny does.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I don't know how their system let them add someone as an approved service vendor that easily. Really makes you wonder who they use for service people??

Mercutio

I don't know how their system let them add someone as an approved service vendor that easily. Really makes you wonder who they use for service people??

At a guess, anyone who has passed their qualifying service tech exam, or a corporate representative thereof.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I was thinking there was more of a depo level for authorized repair centers, not individual random people all over the place doing warranty repair.

Mercutio

Maybe it depends where you are. I know a guy who did Dell on site service work under contract. He said all he had to do was pass a Dell-specific qualifying exam.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Meh. It is not really that surprising nor all that disastrous.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Hmm, come to think of it our it staff is all Dell certified and they said it was fairly easy. For toshiba toughbooks it is the other way around, they won't certify anyone but their depo.