Storage Deals (or not)

Handruin

Administrator
I saw a posted on a thread a bensbargains and it seemed reasonable for those who can stand a seagate.
Seagate 300GB for $140 after MIR.

They also have a 250GB Maxtor for $120 with no MIR, but the drive only has a 1 year warranty.

Last drive deal is a Hitachi 250GB for $100 after $40 MIR.

They may not be all that much of a deal, but I thought some might be interested. I've been keeping an eye out for a decent sale on mass hard drive space. Out of the three listed, I'd like the Hitachi offering over the other two, but I hate dealing with rebates.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Seagate rebates are a problem. Mine is still not processed by the 3rd party processor after 18 weeks. First they said the serial # wasn't a retail serial#, as the rebate required. It was. After arguing with them and talking to a supervisor, they forwarded it to "another department" for verification. After some weeks, the status changed to "approved, final stages". Then I got a postcard saying the serial # was not retail. After calling they said I should ignore the postcard. If you call them now, there's an initial recording that says they're severely backed up on Seagate rebates (yeah, tell me something I don't know) and to be patient.

I have never had a rebate rejected or take this amount of time. Even the so-called problem rebates have been processed in a decent amount of time. But these guys are FUBARed big time.

Go with Hitachi instead.

Handruin

Administrator
That's good feedback mubs, thanks for letting me know. Sorry you're having so much trouble with seagate. I hope it works out in the end.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I bought 2 200GB Seagates last year and both rebates came back fine. Maybe, they are having more problems now.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
I dont think i ever got the $40 rebate for may 160GB drive... I have sinced moved, so ther is probably no hope for me...

I have, however, had good luck with 2 Maxtor rebates. However, I prefer Seagate and Hitachi to Maxtor drives.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
blakerwry said:
I dont think i ever got the $40 rebate for may 160GB drive... I have sinced moved, so ther is probably no hope for me...

I have, however, had good luck with 2 Maxtor rebates. However, I prefer Seagate and Hitachi to Maxtor drives.

guess it was a $50 rebate cause I just received it today... glad I put my new address on it. Man... must have mailed that thing on 2-3 months ago....