test

Handruin

Administrator
Are you still unable to access it? I don't understand what happened either. Can anyone else post in there? The new member just posted a topic not too long ago.

Handruin

Administrator
Yeah, that was odd. I checked the uptime on our server and it says 64 days. Doesn't mean much, but at least it wasn't down.

I haven't changed anything in a week or more, but I did upgrade to 2.0.13 manually without running their upgrade script. I can try running it later to update the version in the database, but essentially we have all the latest updates. I'll also run a check on the DB to see if there is any funny business and verify the drive has enough space.

Handruin

Administrator
I checked the database and host and everything seems ok so far. The host has plenty of space to use, and I ran checks on the database along with their optimizer. Nothing out of the ordinary is showing up.

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /forum/posting.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.storageforum.net Port 80

guess I didn't read carefully... a forbidden error :-D

seems to have something to do with the contents of my posts regarding the etc/passwd file.... if i try to put a leading slash infront of etc the post fails....

Handruin

Administrator
I'll have to look into that some more. I wonder if there is something configured in apache that doesn't allow for that string.

It seems like the combination of etc with passwd is not liked. If I use other combinations, it works fine. This is a rather weird bug to track down.

Handruin

Administrator
It's got to be something internal with this server. I tried posting the same etc/passwd string into an invision power board that is configured on this server and I get the same error.