Three email questions

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
1) Am using Netscrape 4.7x now; will be moving to Moz soon. Have heaps of mail in the in and out boxes with attachments. I need to hang on to the the emails themselves, but wish to strip attachments from mail 2 or more years older. Can do?

2) If I forward mail from my Yoohoo account to my ISP/POP3 account, once it's downloaded to my PC, is there a way I can make the said email look/feel/act like it was never forwarded but sent directly to my ISP/POP3 account? (ie., replace outermost headers with ones at the next level)

3) If I cut-n-pasted mail in my Yahoo account into a text file, can I import said text file into my mail program so it looks/feels/acts like it was sent directly to it? (too many its in the sentence, no?)

Ahm a person of feeble brain, so please try to KIS. TIA!

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
There's no brain-dead way to strip attachments.

Perl, maybe.

The format of netscape mail (and lots of other sensible mail programs, including just about everything on UNIX systems) is called mbox. This is a plain-text file that is portable without alteration to dozens of mail clients. Except ones that have "Outlook" in their names.

That said, it shouldn't be too terribly difficult to replace the To: header with something more to your liking, if that's your intention. Open your spool file in vi or notepad or something and do a search/replace.

honold

Storage is cool
for the attachment stripping you would probably be best off either exporting it to a text format to do the work with a script, or resend it to your own mail server equipped with something like demime

for the header hacking, this is again trivial if you run your own mail server.