Topics not marked as read

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
I've been having a problem even before the latest upgrade I think but really only recently. Maybe since the firefox 1.5 upgrade.
Essentially I visit the forum by going to the forum index page then open a tab for each unread forum. Then I open a tab for each unread topic. This should mark all the topics as read.
But it doesn't do it all the time.
I'll go back to the index and some forums are marked as unread so I'll repeat the process and find the topics it marks as unread are ones that I did read and there are no new posts.

I might just start hitting the mark all topics read link each time I visit.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
mubs said:
This has been happening to me for the longest time (1 year +).
Tannin said:
This has been happening to me for the longest time (1 year +). I'm not too fussed about it.
Now posts are getting duplicated, with some distortion in the process!

Handruin

Administrator
damn. I need to get back on the ball here. Too much crap in my personal life has distracted me from all this. I have some new software to deploy, but I've been waiting for many reasons. Now I want to wait until the new server. Hopefully the new software will remove all these oddities you guys are seeing.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Doug, Doug .... it's no big deal. Go out, enjoy, take pictures. Who gives a damn about minor details anyway? Really, you shouldn't stress about these things. Backups are important, the rest of it ... hey, it's nice, but it's not something you shold miss out on life for.

Handruin

Administrator
I'm not meaning to give the wrong impression. I do enjoy tinkering with all this, so it's no stress. But it is my job to help bring you a happy home on the net. I've been slacking for a while (not on the backups) so I need to get my butt in gear and do some work. Hell, I spent money on some stuff, so I'd like to use it here.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
No sweat, Doug. I was just trying to give Tannin a hard time. The lazy bloke just cut-n-pasted my post, looks like.