Who We Are Page

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
We have a couple of threads going that explain who we are (perhaps not as detailed as some would like, but that is ok), and they have become adulterated with other important and interesting topics at hand. What if we compiled a page of some of the members that showed their avatar, start date, and the usual stuff that is available at present to the public? This might make it easier for newcomers to get to know us.

Handruin

Administrator
Buck said:
We have a couple of threads going that explain who we are (perhaps not as detailed as some would like, but that is ok), and they have become adulterated with other important and interesting topics at hand. What if we compiled a page of some of the members that showed their avatar, start date, and the usual stuff that is available at present to the public? This might make it easier for newcomers to get to know us.

If this is a page to be done at a users request, I can put something together and add on to it when/if more members arrive and would like to be added.

What I mean is, people can send a request along with the info they would like to share (even a photograph of a particular size) and I can add them to the page. Would that be feasible? This way we wont get off topic info. Maybe I can add a link at the top menu called "Crew", or would that be overkill since we have a members link?

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I'm not quite sure Handruin. I was just thinking of Mars as a new member. He sees the lot of us posting, but doesn't know much about who we are. I suppose it might come across as a bit snobbish for some members to be on the page while others are not. Does anyone else have an opinion?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
It seems like a decent enough idea. I mean, it'd be nice to write introductions for everyone but some of the folks here probably wouldn't do it for themselves and the rest don't know what to say about 'em...

Maybe a dreaded "sticky thread" would do well enough.

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
I am not big on sticky threads. But the worda you used: 'Introduction Page' seems more of what I was thinking.

Suppose that everyone with "n" amount of posts is automatically inaugurated to this page. We do not need to add anything as individual members, as our present information will suffice. Nonetheless, we can add if we wish.

SteveC

Storage is cool
I think some kind of intro page would be a good idea. It can be intimidating for new members, especially since almost everyone here knows each other so well. I know many of you from my lurking at SR, but I've never formally introduced myself there or here.

Steve

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Steve,

If you haven't noticed, I'm Buck - a jovial lad, with many ambitions, and an enormously amount of free time. I sit, drink, talk, drink, read, drink, all day. If my actions or presence offends you, please talk with the Bartender or Tea, as they seem to organize this tumultuous group (handruin just pretends).

BR

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Buck said:
Steve,

If you haven't noticed, I'm Buck - a jovial lad, with many ambitions, and an enormously amount of free time. I sit, drink, talk, drink, read, drink, all day. If my actions or presence offends you, please talk with the Bartender or Tea, as they seem to organize this tumultuous group (handruin just pretends).

BR

This sounds like something that begs for personal pages. Something more in depth that the profiles we get normally. I have been to other forums where the personal pages are very detailed. I don't remeber which forums they were though.