Why do I lose my posts?

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
:( Second time it's happened to me! I log in, type a long reply, and hit submit, and end up seeing the login screen again! Looks like this is a time out issue? Or maybe switching to another instance of the browser (IE 5.5) while in the midst of the typing?

Maybe I should clear the channel between my two ears with a pistol and henceforth do my typing in Notepad and then cut-n-paste??!!

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
That's what I do with a long reply sometimes... or, even easier is to simply copy the entire post to the clipboard before hitting submit....

however, I have never lost a post here on SF... can't you use the back button? always works for me here.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Whether the back button works for that depends on your browser, I think. I used to have that problem when I used Netscape 4 while on SR.

mubs, do you ever walk away from your PC for a REALLY long time, and does your browser auto-login to SF?

I think your cookie for your SF-ing session is timing out.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
merc: I do walk away sometimes, and no, I am not auto-looged on. For the two posts I lost, I was right at the PC, typing away like amd and then hitting the submit button.

Aaaaaah! You're brilliant, Merc! I just checked my SF cookies, and yes, they're all set to expire today at various times this morning (I'm on PST)! Now how do I have them not expire that soon???

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
IIRC, the default session time is something over an hour. Not that I remember. Anyway, if you autologin, that problem goes away, or maybe if you ask Handruin nicely he'll make it longer.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
And,

How do I turn on autologin? Couldn't find it in my profile settings.

How do you guys get that blank space after the last line of your post? When I hit submit it seems to filter out blank lines and plain CRs from both the message and my sig.

Thanks!