Wikipedia page for storageforum?

Are you interested in a Wikipedia page for Storageforum.net?

• Yes, this is a good idea

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No, this is not a good idea

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I'm not for or against the idea

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

Handruin

Administrator
I was browsing through Wikipedia and I noticed that there are some notable websites like Anandtech, Hardocp, Techcrunch, Arstechnica, and many more that are entries into wikipedia. We are certainly not as popular as those websites, but I don't think that's a requirement for a page entry. I don't know if we would be able to meet their requirements for a new page, so I have to look into that a bit more.

I'm interested to know what people think about having a page created to document the few threads that explain our existence and outline the site a bit?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Good idea, but what would most likely happen is that if any of the all-powerful meta-editors noticed, we'd wind up fighting over wikipedia's notability requirement.

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
I wonder if it would just draw more spam and trolls.
Also, our S/N ratio might change for the worse.

Handruin

Administrator
Good idea, but what would most likely happen is that if any of the all-powerful meta-editors noticed, we'd wind up fighting over wikipedia's notability requirement.

I am worried about this also. They seem to have an outlined criteria for reliable and notable sources and references. Those I'm not clear on how we could fulfill their requirements.

I wonder if it would just draw more spam and trolls.
Also, our S/N ratio might change for the worse.

There is that potential, but I don't see it being much more than it is today. My suggestion to add this to Wikipedia isn't for membership or revenue growth (there is no revenue to speak of). It was more about documenting our story and purpose as a website. I know it may seem silly to do so, but it would be nice to have this page created and then share factual information regarding the history of our website. If it raises awareness to our existence, that's fine with me, but it's not the sole purpose of requesting the creation of a wiki page.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I was thinking what purpose would it serve but you answered that. Does it need to be there? How about just creating a thread here?

BingBangBop

Storage is cool
I was thinking what purpose would it serve but you answered that. Does it need to be there? How about just creating a thread here?
A thread, in Wikipedia? I don't understand, it isn't a forum but rather a collection of articles.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I think the issue might be that our stuff is spread across a bunch of different sites and media, and that google can't index some of it.

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I have the lone vote against at this point. I like the site how it is, I'd rather not even have Google index this site.

BingBangBop

Storage is cool
Google already indexes this site. Do a Google search of something here and it shows up...