Latest activity

• ddrueding
    ddrueding replied to the thread Windows 11.
    Yup, there are a lot of things that work here that won't work elsewhere because the foundation isn't there. In this case the most...
  • sedrosken
    sedrosken replied to the thread Windows 11.
    I'm a little disappointed in myself that my first impulse was to be horrified at how widespread that system is. I can see how it'd be...
  • ddrueding
    One of the cool things about Denmark is that the state saw the value of having a reliable 2FA system that wasn't proprietary or...
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio replied to the thread Windows 11.
    It's a FUN example; it was a form of identity that worked perfectly anywhere someone might reasonably encounter a European ID card in...
  • LunarMist
    LunarMist replied to the thread Ryzen.
    Presumably AI will be fully integrated into Win 12 as a baseline hardware requirement.
  • LunarMist
    LunarMist replied to the thread Windows 11.
    I'm not understanding how some illegal ID is a good example. In most countries you are expected to have an official ID of some kind...
  • Mercutio
    My best friend's older sister is a naturalized citizen of Germany, and so my friend was given on an older National ID card to my friend...
  • ddrueding
    This was for the purpose of regaining access to an account. I was the one making the request, so the burden was on me to provide...
  • LunarMist
    I don't think any are reliable. I've had failures with WD and Samsung sSDs recently. The newer drives are mostly made like crap in the...
  • J
    jtr1962 replied to the thread Windows 11.
    I don't get that, either. A driver's license, or non-driver's ID, issued by the state with your picture should be sufficient to serve as...
  • Mercutio
    I had to service three Windows XP systems earlier in the week. They talk to commercial embroidery systems that don't have software that...
  • Mercutio
    Mercutio replied to the thread Ryzen.
    AMD released desktop and notebook Ryzen 8000-series Pro CPUs this week. They look basically the same as the 8x00G models but AMD says...
  • LunarMist
    LunarMist replied to the thread Windows 11.
    If anyone wanted to see my pass port they better have a legal reason to do so, like representing a government or being involved in...
  • ddrueding
    I've already had to use identity validation services that included steps like "we're going to video call you and you need to hold your...
  • Mercutio
    My partner's Microsoft account is the one she made for Xbox when she was a little girl, and it's tied to just under two decades of...