100GB Notebooko Drives

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Sorry if this sounds like a silly SR thread, but between Fujitsu and Toshiba which would you choose for a 4200 RPM 100GB 2.5" drive? I need a couple of drives to upgrade two external storage devices. (Performance is not an issue and 4200 RPM is better for battery life and cost.) Is there any reason to expect different reliability or better shock/motion resistance between the two? Are there any other issues such as warranty customer service to be concerned about?

Thanks.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
I became curious and looked up the specs, which are startlingly identical except for:

1. Track-to-track seek is 1.5mS vs 2mS in favour of the Fujitsu :roll:
2. Design life for both is 20,000 hours, but Fujitsu has shortened the equivalent in years from 5 to 3. :(
3. The Toshiba claims 325G shock vs 225G for the Fujitsu, a 44% advantage: "The Femto Sliders, in addition to a lighter suspension, also increase shock resistance..."

What about an Hitachi 5K100? Its power drain and quietness are much the same as the two 4200rpm drives, shock resistance is 300G, and it is rated at double the number of load/unload cycles (600,000 - or alternating one minute on and one minute off for 11 hours each day for 5 years).