2.2 Gig P4 Xeon Becnchmarks

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Just a test for images.. Doug if this takes up to much space or bandwidth just delete it.

22Acpu.gif

Handruin

Administrator
Nice! Thanks for trying that out, I haven't even tried to post an image.

Here is another
atto10KIII-1.jpg

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Bill-
Since Doug ins't hosting your picture, I don't think the bandwidth is any issue....

C

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Clocker said:
Bill-
Since Doug ins't hosting your picture, I don't think the bandwidth is any issue....

C
Oh? I didn't know that! Thanks

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Bill,

I recommend you to use .gif or .png instead of .jpg. You won't have the jitters around the letters as there is currently in the pictures you posted.

BTW, are the processors yours or you just took the screenshot from another review web site?

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Coug,

I plead guilty. They are mine. I was able to sell my 1.7 Fosters which helped to defray the cost of the 2.2s a little. Thanks for the tip on the images.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Ahh, so instead of the 1.7's you went for the 2.2's? Very nice. Always costly to stay on the bleedin-edge of Intel ;) Did you manage to obtain the SMT patch for your OS?

P.S. Not too late to recompress that screeny in .gif :D

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
No Patch needed for WinXP Pro. Just for you I shall change the image. BTW - Have you caught "nitpicker-itis" from Tony? I hope not, as there is no cure for it. :D

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
LOL, sorry didnt mean to be picky. rest assured that the bottle of Wild turkey is close at hand if I get too bored.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
I was only kidding.. No offence intended! How does the image look now? Looks way too "grainy" to me but then the jpg image looked fine to me to begin with so I'll have to go by your opinion. Thanks.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
flagreen said:
I was only kidding.. No offence intended! How does the image look now? Looks way too "grainy" to me but then the jpg image looked fine to me to begin with so I'll have to go by your opinion. Thanks.

It does look very grainy. Did you choose 16 colours when you saved? That usually produces solid tones without the dithering. Maybe you used 256?

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Just thinking if you saved the jpeg as a gif then you would also get such an effect. Or did you .gif the original bmp screen shot?

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Actually I just ran the test again and captured the desktop then cut out test image. I'll see if I can improve it. My desktop is 32 bit. Thanks.

CougTek

Hairy Aussie
Instead of converting your file to generic 8-bit or 16-bit colors, convert it to optimized 8-bit or 16-bit colors. The difference is that in the later case, the 256 or 65535 colors will be chosen among the entire palette of the original picture instead of simply be chosen among Windows' generic 8 or 16 bit palette.

This way, you won't have the grainy effect that is currently on your screen shot.