28 days and counting

Handruin

Administrator
I guess it's time to mention we are being evicted. Yup, that's correct, almost one entire year has gone by for me and my hosting contract with Burst.net. What once began as handruin.com has moved on to bigger and better.

I can't say the new site is ready to roll just yet, but I have no choice but to make it ready for when this day comes. I know it has been a long time coming, so I apologize for the wait. I must say that Burst has been reasonably stable for the past month or more. Granted I don't visit at all of the same hours you guys do, but I haven't heard too many complaints lately.

When the time gets closer, I will send a broadcast message to the entire forum. Hopefully this will wake up a few of the members who signed up and then vanished when the site moves.

Anyway, I wanted to let people know where we are and what is going on. When the time comes, this board will be locked, and transported to the new host. I will then post the IP address of the new site so that any addicts can find their way until the DNS has propagated.

Thanks for listening; I'll keep everyone posted.

-Doug

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
How long will we have to wait for the transfer to occur? It better not be more than 5 minutes... :)

Handruin

Administrator
timwhit said:
How long will we have to wait for the transfer to occur? It better not be more than 5 minutes... :)

Should only take about 7-8 minutes. :) The site will be built and ready ahead of time. All I need to do is click on the "lock board" link and backup the DB and ship it off to the new server. :)

The DNS propagation may take anywhere from 24-72 hours, that depends on your ISP or DNS server I believe. That is while I will mass e-mail the entire board with the IP address. ;)

Handruin

Administrator
CougTek said:
I suppose the transfer occured during the week-end, did it?

Nope not yet, but very soon...

A few personal items that I needed to take care of have been slowing me down.

November 7th is the last day I have, so I will make an announcement soon.