3.5 to 2.5" drive adapter bracket

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Does anyone have a favorite model of 3.5 to 2.5" drive adapter bracket? I've seen some that are supposed to fit 2 drives per bracket, but then some reviews (Amazon) describe how hard they are to work on and how the holes were drilled to the wrong size. Stuff that doesn't show up in the specs. Any favorites?

ddrueding

Fixture
If you need hot-swap, they are really expensive or crap. If the drive in question is an SSD, just double-sided tape it to a panel somewhere or screw it in with one screw.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I have one of the Silverstone adapters. My main complaint was with the difficulty of getting a screw driver to the inner flange to attach the drives.

I also have some cheap plastic one, Bytecc I think. Except for heat rejection, not any better or worse.

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Great! I see that the height of the adapter is 25.4mm. Do you know if a drive mounted in the top spot would break the plane of the top of the adapter?

sdbardwick

Storage is cool
Great! I see that the height of the adapter is 25.4mm. Do you know if a drive mounted in the top spot would break the plane of the top of the adapter?
I've used those Silverstone adapters in the past, and can't recall having an issue with that, but I've only used SSDs in them. Looks like 2 9.5MM drives will fit, but I don't know about taller ones...

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
I've used those Silverstone adapters in the past, and can't recall having an issue with that, but I've only used SSDs in them. Looks like 2 9.5MM drives will fit, but I don't know about taller ones...

Cool. Thanks for the feedback.