question 6Gbps Simple Gost Adapter

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
True Image 2011 is causing much grief, but TI 2010 does not see the Z68 ports. :( Are any of the simple, cheap non-RAIDed 2- or 4-port PCIe cards usable for hot swap and work with True Image 2010?

time

Storage? I am Storage!
What on Earth is it doing that it can't see native Intel SATA ports? AFAIK, they are no different to what has been around for some time on H67 and P67 chipsets.

Have you tried different software? What is the intended result, just a mirror image?

LunarMist

It is being used the natural way. Of course making an image of C: in Windows is no problem, but restoring is not possible because the boot drive and drive with the TIB are not seen when TI 2010 loads. I assume that the Linux does not have the correct or functioning drivers.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
At the risk of seeming glib, I suggest you try Casper 7.0 (30 day trial). It creates a fully bootable clone of your C drive, which you can then keep updated by just copying the partition alone (and not the boot sector/partition table/Windows system partition).

By definition, the backup will always be able to boot for recovery because it is running Windows with the relevant drivers installed.

I've used this method a couple of times to backup an SSD 'C' drive to a partition on a larger HDD in the same PC. I then use the rest of the HDD for data ('D' drive). The PC can boot from either drive.

Alternatively, you can backup to a bootable external (USB) drive. The limitations are that drives have to be locally attached, multiple versions would be a hassle, and you can only create one boot image per drive. The upside is no significant downtime if C drive fails, just slower operation until you replace the failed drive.

Alternatively, go and download the free version of Paragon Backup. It's always been slower than TrueImage, but AFAIK it has the option of a Windows boot image for recovery.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the TI Linux boot disk doesn't work at all. Have you tried a different Linux boot CD for research purposes?

Bozo

Storage? I am Storage!
My memory is a little fuzzy, but I don't think Acronis 2010 worked with AHCI.
Acronis 2011 should be able to restore the files from Acronis 2010 though.

Will Rickards

Storage Is My Life
Website
willrickards.net
I have AHCI set and TI2010 worked fine with mine, though it is the G33 chipset with intel ICH9R I think. Is your TI 2010 all patched up to the latest version and then a new boot disk made?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
TrueImage 2010 definitely works with AHCI. I suppose it might not work with a Z68 6Gbps controller since that's not part of the standard ICHwhatever deal but AFAIK it's still a supported product and there's probably an update that addresses that.

TrueImage support is usually kind of worthless for everyday concerns. I did get them to test out a RAID configuration once when I couldn't decide if the issue was the controller or their software but my everyday bitching about stuff (like the deprecated command line options that they swear are still in the product) mostly goes uncommented.

LunarMist

TrueImage 2010 definitely works with AHCI. I suppose it might not work with a Z68 6Gbps controller since that's not part of the standard ICHwhatever deal but AFAIK it's still a supported product and there's probably an update that addresses that.

TrueImage support is usually kind of worthless for everyday concerns. I did get them to test out a RAID configuration once when I couldn't decide if the issue was the controller or their software but my everyday bitching about stuff (like the deprecated command line options that they swear are still in the product) mostly goes uncommented.

It was not set to use the ACHI. I updated to the last version of 2010, which was dated February 2011. I think they screw you on updates to force full upgrades to the next year's version. That would not be so bad, but about 3 of 4 times TI 2011 locks up the computer in Windows for some minutes and the process has to be killed. TI 2011 is working from CD or USB, but that is not ideal.

LunarMist

Slow is one thing, butting hanging for 10 minutes is another...