Abit's in Financial Trouble

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Saw this at Anand's news area:

http://www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20041221A2002.html

Suppliers of core-logic chipsets and printed circuit boards (PCBs) to Abit Computer are worried about their accounts receivable at the motherboard maker, after the company chairman, Remond Lu, said that Abit's correspondent banks may freeze its assets, market sources said.

Can't say that I'm surprised. I haven't had a good experience with Abit since the BH6 I owned.

C

Handruin

Administrator
That's interesting to read. I've had very positive results with my NF7-S. I would recommend this board to anyone.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
HA!

Now, maybe, just maybe, fewer clueless morons will tell me that there is no better board.

No offense to Doug, but I have had nothing but problems with Abit since the BX6/BH6 days. Hope they rot in hell.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I had trouble with the NF7. I got one when they first came out. Did RMA and got another board that was also crap. Replaced it with an Epox and everything was great. Maybe the NF7s got better after my little episode with them. I know I didn't want an NF7 to be a part of your little system, Doug but I got outvoted! :wink: Glad it has worked out good for you though.

Handruin

Administrator
Hey, I wasn't claiming all abit's are great or that there is no better board. All I can say from my limited experience with them is that this NF7-S works great.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Yeah..I know what ya mean. I'm glad you're happy with that NF7-S. Mine was actually just an NF7 (non-S) so maybe the S's were better overall...or I just had bad luck.

C