Amazon's prices are lower than Newegg's?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I might be wrong here, but spot-checking seems to suggest that Amazon.com's pricing is very slightly lower than Newegg's, and substantially cheaper for people who have an Amazon Prime membership (which is $80 a year... but I might pay that on ONE Newegg order if I buy a few cases).

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Yeah, newegg seems to have figured out that they are the go to source for many places and pad prices a bit lately. I think everyone here has complained about the intel ssd's.

Ah, also:
Amazon Prime Free for 3 Months Even if you've had it before
http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1482417

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Is Amazon still charging more for items that you've been looking at? I seem to recall a few years back that if you were looking at books on a particular topic, they would increase the price on those books slightly.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
What do you mean? Do they have higher prices for repeat customers?

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I doubt it, usually when I go there I am logged out. I think there would be a huge stink somewhere if we found out the prices were different depending on account used.

I noticed the 2tb drives all went up recently, thing is I don't believe seeing the other prices were an event or sale but they might have been.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I change ISP about 250 times a year and wipe all cookies about 4000-5000 times each year. So, how accurately can they target me if I only log in right before each purchase?

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I change ISP about 250 times a year and wipe all cookies about 4000-5000 times each year. So, how accurately can they target me if I only log in right before each purchase?

Probably not very well for you. Do you work for the NSA?