Americanata

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
A·me·ri·ca·na·ta [Italian, 1905] Lo Zingarelli Dictionary of the Italian Language, 12th Edition]
n. fem.
1. a huge, extraordinary, often incredible enterprise: a film full of americanate
2. huge event and of eccentric taste, which is usual to attribute to the Americans: the reception has been an authentic americanata

----------------------------------------------------------------
Just finished the first of the five campaigns in Comanche 4. Cool game, no doubt. But Novalogic has once again delivered a game (helicopter sim) that's away from reality. Yeah sure, the RAH-66 will be undoubtetly one of the most powerful choppers once operational, but hey... a little bit closer to reality. Pleeeeeeee-ase! I completed the campaign in less than forty minutes (5 missions) spitting destruction to an unprecedented and laughable rate... I crashed a couple of times by hitting the earth. Missiles and enemy-ground fire were only licking my thick hide... 8)
Moreover: the radio chatter (Hollywood-style phrases), the enemies' elementary fighting capabilities, the destructive potential of the US weapons... Jeez! Give me a break...

Bottom line: Amazing arcade game, awesome graphics that really take advantage of GeForce's 3/4 capabilities... but again away from reality, as all Novalogic games...

Dozer

Learning Storage Performance
Website
planetdozer.dyndns.org
Prof. Wizard said:
Bottom line: Amazing arcade game, awesome graphics that really take advantage of GeForce's 3/4 capabilities... but again away from reality, as all Novalogic games...

I agree...I've only played the demo (single mission & multiplayer)...not very realistic, but a whole heck of a lot of fun...especially blowing each other out of the sky in multiplayer!

Thumbs up on arcade playability...you'll be disappointed if you expect a full-on helicopter simulator.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
The graphics are outstanding. The sound of the Comanche is unbelievable too.

For arcade and sheer fun... it's great! :)