AOL to sue MS for a very large bucket full of money

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Interesting. No doubt it will take a very long time and do wonders for the financials of various legal firms along the way, but AOL, unlike the US government, are one of the very, very few organisations capable of going 15 rounds with Microsoft.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/content/4/23785.html

The really sad thing, I guess, is that I'm reduced to cheering on a firm I completely despise, merely because they might be able to do some harm to a firm I completely and utterly despise.

Or is it even remotely possible that the case might eventually result in better products, improved portability, decent web security?

No? Well, having nothing else to dream about, I'll live in hope of a miracle.

Of course, at the usual pace of the injustice system, my grandchildren will be dying their hair to hide the grey streaks before then.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Personally I find myself hoping that all parties on both sides of the suit fall victim to some horrible civil engineering tragedy like "spontaneous building collapse."

Man, that's a tough call. I really think I hate AOL more than microsoft.. Microsoft may make bad software but I really think AOL, in all its insidious forms, actively lowers people's IQs.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Perhaps that explains why AOL bought Netscape in the first place: A doomed company. Those in charge of AOL must have had a workplace over-exposure to AOL, lowing their respective I.Q.'s. Anyone thought about calling OSHA.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
LOL!

Alternatively, perhaps that's why Bill is obsessed with hiring people with high IQs. By the time M$ is finished with them, they can barely feed themselves.

yesnomaybe

What is this storage?
Top tip: To feel comfortable cheering on AOL against Microsoft, simply think of them as Time-Warner. 8)

I sometimes wonder if Netscape's market share went down more because they are now owned by AOL, than because Microsoft released a better browser. When my wife is moaning about Netscape, I tell her to stop being an AOL-er, and switch to IE or Opera; whereas before, I would have helped resolve whatever problem she was having with Netscape, and support her in her choice of a non-Microsoft browser.

Vlad The Impaler

Learning Storage Performance
I would just like to thank AOL and Microsoft for introducing me to a whole new set of ideas:

For the first time in an arguement that I have an opinion about, I want both sides to lose.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
MSFT cost me a good part of my mothers money, by their...

illegal business practices. Anyone that nails them, more power.

g
s

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
yesnomaybe said:
Top tip: To feel comfortable cheering on AOL against Microsoft, simply think of them as Time-Warner. 8)

But I never liked Time-Warner, either. TW owns DC Comics, which sets the bar for worst treatment of employees at a comic book company in the US. Famous example: Read up on what happened to the people responsible for the creation of Superman. They aren't much better today, either.

That AOL owns TimeWarner now is fitting. It means I can keep all my boycotts in one place. :)