Areca 1300 + hp expander wont work after windows reinstall

mcb84

What is this storage?
I had an areca arc 1300-4i an a hp expander working perfwctly in windows 7 until I reinstalled the OS. Afterwards when ever I try to install the driver the system freezes and on restart it hangs on the "starting windows" screen. I updated to the latest areca bios and the problem remains. The expander shows up in bios and I did a test install in linux opensuse and the two worked together perfectly so it seems like a windows issue. Any help would be great!

mcb84

What is this storage?
No it does not. In fact if I hook up the drives directly to the areca card it works just fine. I know they're compatible with each other and windows 7 as I had them all running before

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
I read somewhere there was a firmware update for the HP expander? Or a board revision to avoid? Something along those lines.

mcb84

What is this storage?
I updated the areca card not the hp expander. to update the expander you need a hp raid card/machine which i dont have. The hp firmware is exactly the same as it was when it was working. I got an email back from areca tech support and he believes its an areca driver issue.