Asus direct RMA procedure

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
At the moment I have a glut of RMA-able Asus motherboards. Well, OK, four = glut, but they're all less than 18 months old on what I know to be 3 year warranty products.

So I've been looking around the Asus Web site for a place where I can submit an RMA claim. And I can't find that place. At all.

I've been here, but this has said "Close for new version upgrade" for the last two weeks.

I've also logged in to the Asus "VIP" site, where I can register my Asus products (these are boards I have taken in from repair jobs), but the registration page will not accept any information I have found on any of the boards I have as a valid serial number.

The boards all have stickers - things that might be serial numbers - in the following places: On top of the printer port on the I/O bracket, on the side of the foremost IDE port's shield, in the top right hand right-hand corner of the board, and on the back of the board. None of these numbers work for the boards I have (2 A7N8X, 1 A7N266, 1 P4P800VM).

Has anyone ever sent anything directly back to Asus? Is it even possible?

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
Mercutio said:
Has anyone ever sent anything directly back to Asus? Is it even possible?

Nope. I've had two Asus boards fail and I didn't see the cost effectiveness of trying to RMA them.

I'm happy that my disti still has a decent supply of the GA-7VT600P-RZ boards. They work real nice with Sempron 2500+ CPUs and make for a great office system.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
I have Never found that motherboard manufacturers are worthy of bothering with. I have never had a satisfactory response from even one of them. I gave up a long time ago. I return stuff to the retailer, wholesaler, distribuator, or whatever. If it comes down to the motherboard manufacturer, I just end up eating it: Dealing with them is not worth my time.