Audio from Display

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
How can I get audio from a monitor to headphones without disassembly amd DIY? Are there any cheap LED monitors that have a mini?

Newtun

Storage is nice, especially if it doesn't rotate
As it happens, my Dell s2415H has speakers, and when I checked, it also has an output jack that works with my JVC Gumy.

I believe plugging in those earbuds cuts off the monitor's speakers, but I can't be positive because the audio output from this PC goes through a subwoofer that was still booming away to a jazz tune, and I don't want to mess with the connections.

So Dell might be a good place to look, if their monitors meet your other specs.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Most decent monitors have a headphone jack. Obviously you first need an HDMI or DisplayPort input, and I noticed that most monitors with an IPS panel have a headphone output (presumably because they're not complete crapola?). My searches showed that LG monitors almost always include a headphone jack (regardless of whether or not they have built-in speakers).

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Yes, it would be HDMI. I'm trying to use an HD display for double duty, i.e., the computer and video, but need the headphones.

FWIW, I'm on the 3rd or 4th iterations of the Eizo ColorEgged displays and none of them have headphone jacks yet they are the opposite of cupola. ;) Apparently I did not notice LG, but will take a look.