"Back" button in browser - strange behaviour

James

Storage is cool
Perhaps I hadn't noticed this before, but I seem to get almost a random event when I use the "back" button in my browser (IE6) once I've read a thread here.

Sometimes I get the navigation at the top and no main page. Sometimes I get a php error. Sometimes I get a "warning, page has expired" (I'd expect that after posting a reply, but not normally...). Almost never do I get the page of topics.

Clicking on the breadcrumb navigation at the top of the page always works.

Any ideas?

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Must be an IE 6.0 special, James. I've never had that, and I regularly use:

Opera 6.0 Win 2000
IE 5.0 Win 2000
Mozilla 0.99 OS/2

And sometimes use:

Navigator 2.02 OS/2
Communicator 4.61 OS/2
Navigator 4.08 Win 2000
Mozilla 0.99 Win 2000

Or else therer is something funny going on.

Handruin

Administrator
I use IE 6.0 all the time with the site and I've never had the problems you've mentioned, except maybe once or twice on the expired page instance.

What kind of php error do you get with this?

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I've found the back button to be entirely useless both here and on SR, across all browsers and platforms.

Usually I get a "page is expired" error.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
It gives me the shits too. The back button here and at SR.com give me an older version of whatever it was I came from, i.e. I will get an old version of the threads view page. The only way to get an uptodate version is to hit the navigation shortcut or hit the Go button. If this could be fixed it would save me having to refreash or other useless crap like that.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
On SR I don't mind so much, since I know every refresh brings a different ad and maybe a little more money to SR.