Bad DVI-D Cable ?

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Have you guys ever run into a defective DVI-D cable? I bought a new one (15 feet) for my flat panel and the image on the screen is all distorted when I use it.. The brand is QVS and it's labeled as a DVI-D Digital Dual Link cable. It looks very similar to the cable that came with my monitor except it has more pins (connector is the same shape though). I'm thinking one is specifically a monitor cable or something. Am I wrong? Got the thing on 'clearance' at Microcenter and I guess it'll be going back.

Anyway, just wondering how common is it to run into a bad DVI-D cable? Or did I buy the wrong one?

Thanks,
C

P.S. I found what looks like some decent DVI cables at www.pccables.com. Is there a place with better prices? They don't have gaps in the pins where some seem to be missing though like my 'good' cable does. None of them seem to...

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Here is the new 'bad' cable connector which is Dual Link:
DVI-D_dual-link.jpg

Here's the 'good' single link cable:
DVI-D_Single-link.jpg

Is it OK to replace my single link cable with a dual link cable? I'll probably find the answer soon enough but I thought some might be interested nonetheless.

Thanks,
C

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Guess I got my answer:

A properly designed Dual link cable should have no negative effects when used with single link equipment.

C

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks..I'll check those out as I have not bought a new cable yet.

C