BB SPOT OS Quiz - Which OS are you?

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
A bit after RT, I was hooked on Sim City 2000 and then Sim Tower. I remember when I moved SimTower from a 486 DX/2 to a Cyrix PR200 - wow did those days and nights go by quickly. You could find out in a hurry if you had built things correctly.

LiamC

Storage Is My Life
Yeah Sid M. I only bought the original Civ because I had enjoyed RT so much. Now everybody says he is the Civ guy. Young whipper snappers! :)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I wouldn't say that this test has a very high opinion of OS/2, given the answers I had to get it to come up...

os2_warp.jpg

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Dozer said:
Don't worry, Tea. I thought it was Genghis, too. And picked that answer for much the same reason...

But, given some of the other options, it probably was meant to be Khan from Star Trek. I'll have to go back and re-answer--I don't think Khan was that horrible a villain, not compared to some others.

Maybe it was Chaka Khan. I cringe whenever I hear their name. :)

JSF

What is this storage?
I was HURD when I skipped the villain question. After selecting Darth Vader (the only villain I was familiar with other than Manson) I was pegged at Windows 200, SP3. This is exactly right!

However, several of the questions did not relate to me. I am of the wrong generation. Maybe the poll detected this.

Joe.

time

Storage? I am Storage!
Slackware, then Palm OS after I changed a few responses. I agree with James that there weren't enough options. ;)

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
SteveC said:
Groltz said:
Another quiz for anyone who has time:
It's Friday night and Valentine's Day, so of course I have time. Sigh. :(
:)[/quote]

I think I win the "most pathetic loser in the romance department" contest. After all, *I* sent a Valentine to a woman who decided she need a new answering machine 'cause the old one had a male-sounding voice.

On the other hand, I still haven't killed myself yet.

Fuck, I wish I was joking.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Tea said:
What's a Valentine's Day"?
An excuse for men to have to spend $60 for $8 worth of flowers plus buy dinner and other gifts for their femme du jour on the off chance they'll get laid or at least won't be shown the door. For the femme, she buys a new dress, new shoes, and whatever to wear to the dinner.

The current counter-proposal being floated around is that, after V.D. on 2/14, men need an equivalent holiday on 3/20. Steak + B.J. is the current front-runner.

All things said and done I dropped almost $400 on things for yesterday. A single rose to signify this being our first year as husband & wife, perfume, a ruby necklace, and dinner at Magnums (the best steak in Chicagoland IMO).

- Fushigi

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Or if you're one of the guys where I work, a chance for the little woman to spend $500-600 dollars on multiple bouquets of 24 roses, 10s of baloons, a cookie cake, multiple teddy bears and a couple gift baskets. Of course the secretaries were all giddy about the gesture. My comment was that it looked like cupid threw-up. I'm NOT BITTER.

Dozer

Learning Storage Performance
Website
planetdozer.dyndns.org
For me Valentine's Day signified freedom this year. Don't get me wrong. It's not like I've sworn off women, but I've come to a place in my life where I'm easy come, easy go again. After my divorce, I felt like the world had ended. But I've been released from the bond of those dark days, and I have a new-found freedom.

Hang in there, Merc. I know how dark and despairing life can get. But we're glad to have you as part of our little family, and we look forward to your contributions.

SteveC

Storage is cool
Bartender said:
Groltz said:
Bartender! Something appropriate for our melancholy friend...Make it a double.

As you wish.

Bartender, what did you put in that drink? I've been sick for the past three days. Don't make me send the health inspectors in there! :lol:

Bartender

Storage is cool
Website
www.mittelsmann.net
Don't say it's so Steve? You drank the whole pitcher that I left on your table? That was for the whole forum - no wonder you've been sick for three days! You can't drink Kamikazes like that! Trust me, I've tried.

Oh, and that thing about the inspectors, I'm not worried. Tea takes care of them everytime. For some reason they enter the keg room with her, but never leave.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
SteveC said:
Bartender, what did you put in that drink? I've been sick for the past three days. Don't make me send the health inspectors in there! :lol:

I keep telling him not to put Rohypnol in guys' drinks...He never listens. :wink:

SteveC

Storage is cool
Bartender said:
Not so loud Groltz, I have a special deal with Hoffman-La Roche, Inc., I mean the Pabster. :drunk:
They're actually located less than a mile from where I live, in my hometown.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
I am the Debian Linux. Not only do I not understand what Linux does, but I don't what a Debian is. Like the quiz states, I should be happy not to be labeled an ME user. :)