Best anti-virus trojan, etc. software? Browser, email, etc.

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Hi
Many people post IE and Outlook are inherently dangerous to use, since they are the targets of different virus, trojans, etc.

What are the safest software to use, and why?

Why is Firefox safer then IE, or Eudora safter then Outlook, for example?

Thanks
gs

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I use Mozilla for web and Eudora for e-mail. I've never had any security issues with either.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
I wouldn't call them the safest things to use, but I use Outlook 2000 & IE 6. Both with all available patches, and I also have current AV, anti-spam, & anti-spyware apps in addition to a popup blocker. Also, I'm exceptionally cautious with respect to unsolicited emails and fairly cautious with respect to the sites I hit.

GMac

Learning Storage Performance
Moz for me too for browsing, and no e-mail client at all (webmail only) - that eliminates all the email based virus threats at a stroke :D (dodgy attachments never get downloaded.....). Mozilla's additional features (tabbed browsing etc etc) are the main reason I prefer it to I.E, but the lack of security flaws (no ActiveX) and invulnerability to most types of scumware is a welcome bonus (the ones that can affect it are kept out by Adaware & Spywareblaster).

GM