Best threads of SF

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Best threads of SF?

This site now has some history. A year's worth, anyway. We've got our own in-jokes that need explaining, most having to do somehow with Tea, and we've had some interesting technical threads.

The idea is to have a place for beginners to start, and for old-timers to pick back up if they don't happen to visit for a little while (for shame!).

With that in mind I'd like to propose that either a static page or a new "best of" forum be created. I floated this idea before. There was no particular disagreement.

Those interested need only nominate a thread or two, from amongst the many we've had, preferably as a link.

P5-133XL

Xmas '97
Sorry, but entire threads? Don't we want to edit some of the non-best parts out because no one will want to read the chaff? Who deals with the inevitable complaints when someones post was edited out and they think they wrote a gem?

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Mercutio said:
What, that doesn't merit the "rocket launcher icon"?

And you call yourself a gamer.

Nah, I'm too old to merit that title...Even if my computer is built up to be most proficient for that purpose.

Title prospect: "Employment-challenged PC curmudgeon"

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
How many ranks can we have.

We're a "storage" site. Maybe we could do ranking by powers of 2 instead of multiples of 10.

16, 64, 256, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096, 8192...

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
could we do ranks by storage mediums?

JBOD
HDD
DVD
CD
LS-120
Zip
Flash card
floppy

hmm.. doesn't really have much presence to it... I guess it should die here... y tu brute?

Buck

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.hlmcompany.com
We could always do it by operating systems, and make OS/2 the highest rank. Face it, if you've been around as long as that OS with its inherent capabilities, you deserve mention. We'll make Windows ME the entry level with the quote from iGary's signature: The Blue Screen of Love.