Big Ad

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Well, I tried to find a link but couldn't, so anyways: there has been a Rickards Red beer commercial featuring O Fortuna running here for the last several months.

There is also currently a Coca-Cola commerical that does the running-people-that-from-the-air-look-like-a-animated-picture thing.

And during my search for the Rickards ad, many other people also correctly noted that it was British Airways who championed the huge open field many people running thing several years ago.

If I had not seen the three listed above, I would have been deeply moved ( :p ) by this production. But alas, its all been done before.........still, I do like the Aussie commercial the best.:D

BTW, here's a (flash) gangsta version of O Fortuna ... hey isn't that Bruce Willis !

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Were the Simpsons a source of inspiration for the Big Ad? There's a strong similarity between the humanoid shape which drinks the pint of beer in the Big Ad and the animated character in the supposed 1950's Duff Brewery's beer commercial --> "Only Duff fills your "Q zone" with pure beer goodness. So drink up -- and up -- and up!"

And as some final trivia notes, the Big Ad was:
  • - Created by the George Patterson Partners agency
    - directed by Plaza Films' Paul Middleditch (the ad was available in Quicktime at their site)
    - shot in New Zealand by Academy Award-winning cinematographer Andrew Lesnie (Fellowship of the Ring)
    - featured 300 actors and more than 20,000 computer-generated men
    - coproduced by Australian special-effects co. Animal Logic (Matrix trilogy)

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
CityK said:
there has been a Rickards Red beer commercial featuring O Fortuna running here for the last several months.
which is, no doubt, just a rip off of the Big Ad. Lame.

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I like the beer ads that ran over here all last year. Maybe you got them too. These are the tackiest, worst-taste, most crap-filled fantasy ads you ever saw. Not cheap, just crap. Then, right at the end, they say "Sorry. We put all the taste in the beer."

Cute. :-?