Burned CD Safety

Adcadet

Storage Freak
hey Crew,
I'm doing some epi research over the summer (and probably into the school year and beyond) which I do from home. I burn the day's work to CD every evening, which I then take to meetings with my research advisor (who dumps the data onto his PC for backup). I've broken a fair number of jewel cases in my time, so using a slightly flexible plastic case that I got some class CD's in seems a better choice. But those only hold one CD. Are the "CD wallets" that hold your CD up against a piece of cloth that I've been using for years safe? What about the plastic CD holders that are designed to go into 3-ring notebooks? I'm trying to figure out what I should be doing. One CD should last me ~10 days if only my boss didn't use my CD to give me more data and ended up accidently closing the CD...grrr.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
If the plastic slip covers get too hot they can actually melt the printing on the front off or warp the CD. So don't leave a binder or soft carry-case on your car's dash.

Jewel cases aren't that durable, but the cases DVDs typically come in are damned near impossible to damage and don't normally open easily.

Also, AOL's been shipping out their latest CDs in metal containers. Those have to be pretty durable. Just be sure there's some latex between you and the Container of Evil.

Adcadet

Storage Freak
Mercutio said:
Just be sure there's some latex between you and the Container of Evil.

what do CD's have to do with safe sex? Merc, do you have a fetish we don't know about

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Oh yeah, like I could get someone else to touch me...

Nope, I'm refering strictly to the evilness factor of any and all things related to AOL.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Mercutio said:
Also, AOL's been shipping out their latest CDs in metal containers. Those have to be pretty durable. Just be sure there's some latex between you and the Container of Evil.

I use AOL tins myself. The latex is not strictly necessary.