Cable Switch

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Does anyone know where I can pick-up a coax A/B switch, a la those stupid old two-wire cable systems?

The new place has a mast antenna, which means that I can finally get good reception for over-the-air digital channels. The problem is that the signal only comes into a cable at the front of the house.

The good news is that the cable installer rigged the old satelite cables together for a run from the front to the back of the house, where my computer (with tuner) is; the bad news is that it's setup to run the cable signal. If I had a switch, I could have either signal on the run to the back of the house, without having to disconnect and reconnect the coax at the front to so do.

I have splitters and random lengths of RG-6, but no luck in finding a switch.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks folks. Exactly the kinds of stuff that I want to look at.

Can anyone tell me what advantage a "high isolation" switch would have over the $3 jobby?

Stereodude

Not really a
All the Parts Express ones have more isolation than the Newark ones. As far as if the 95dB one for $6 is better than the $2.17 one with 75dB, I have no idea.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I put the coax coming from the cable company up to my ear and couldn't hear anything, so I don't know how many decibels it is in the first place 8)