Camping

Koggit

What is this storage?
Day 1 - Drove up to perry on the way we bought some water and some gatoraid mix, so we try mixing it in the car to make it a challenge and spill the majority of it in the car (this will bring its self up later) so we get there meet cory's family and they make us eat some food (i aint complainin) any how we get to camp and set up the tent and start a fire. Cory's dad brings out his guns and shows us how to fire them safely so I get his six bullet hand gun with a long barel gun, first time I fired that thing it had magnum bullets in it I didnt hear anything, everything went quiet then my ears started to ring for about two hours. That day we went to town wich is about 30 mins away while at k mart I bought 2 little battery powered fans (I'm a city slicker) and slept in the car because there wasnt any room in the tent -_-.

Day 2 - after getting oh lets say 3 hours sleep because my body finished feeding every fricken bug in the woods. We wake up and make another fire and eat some food and for about 3 hours do nothing but sit and look at the fire. Then we go to cory's grandmas house to shower and go to the bathroom I find a tick on my stomach. We get back to camp and we start to play with fire crackers and bb gun and just goof off for awhile then we decided to sleep at cory's cousins house, where we all got beds thank god and finally got a good nights sleep.

Day 3 - wake up and proceed to bang the crap outa my head on the fan, get to camp and pull my back packing up.

The way home - start out alright but we find out the car is infested with ants because of the gatorade so were getting attacted the whole way home, so about half an hour away from home cory decides he wants ice cream so we pull into mc donalds and the cv joints give out so we try to call his mom, she isnt there, so we walk to an auto zone bout 3 miles away call from there and finaly get a hold of her, she calls a tow truck and comes to pick us up, well cory is gonna drive us home while his mom waits, it starts to rain, so we close the windows wich make them fog up now we cant see were we're goin, we almost ran off the road so cory swerves to the left and aparently almost hits a car, well we get to the next stop light and the guy we almost hit, hits us from behind and gets outa the car and yells at us so he finaly gets back in his car and we go off then the ran finaly lets off and we finaly get home.

moral of this story - dont go outside your house for anything or any reason

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Pretty much, yeah.

I did buy all the stuff to camp not long ago, for the ACS relay for life. 12x17 tent, several Coleman laterns, cellular adaptor for laptop modem (yes, I posted on SF while camping), tons of goodies to eat, goodly amounts of bug spray.

Inside my tent was actually really, really comfortable.

As for the rest of "outdoors", well, I just don't know what to do about that. But a carfull of stuff makes it pretty bearable.

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
Koggit said:
Day 1 - Drove up to perry on the way we bought some water and some gatoraid mix, so we try mixing it in the car to make it a challenge and spill the majority of it in the car (this will bring its self up later) so we get there meet cory's family and they make us eat some food (i aint complainin) any how we get to camp and set up the tent and start a fire. Cory's dad brings out his guns and shows us how to fire them safely so I get his six bullet hand gun with a long barel gun, first time I fired that thing it had magnum bullets in it I didnt hear anything, everything went quiet then my ears started to ring for about two hours. That day we went to town wich is about 30 mins away while at k mart I bought 2 little battery powered fans (I'm a city slicker) and slept in the car because there wasnt any room in the tent -_-.

Always wear a good set of earmuffs/and or plugs when shooting a big gun, you will lose your hearing very quickly otherwise.

Was this Camp Perry?

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Koggit... jeez man.
What a disaster!

PS. Is gun-firing a typical passatempo for American families when camping?! :-? If yes, sounds great! Really...
PPS. BFG9000 anyone? Now... who played Doom here?! :p

Koggit

What is this storage?
yeah I fired the gun again the first shot was really "go ahead and see what happens" kinda thing next time I was wearing ear muffs, also got to shoot a shot gun with different kinds of bullets and a pump action one, and my friend cory had his 22 rifel with him, we kick those plastic cups ass'

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
Prof,

No I wouldn't say it's a typical pass time. First of all you would have to be on private property where it is allowed. Secondly many municipalities have ordinances against firing a gun in public. And last there really aren't that many families who own guns. Koggit's friend's father was with them when they were shooting so Koggit learned how to handle firearms and shoot safely. Otherwise I would not have let him go.

Dozer

Learning Storage Performance
Website
planetdozer.dyndns.org
Prof,

I have done extensive backpacking here in the U.S. (Maine, Georgia, Tennesee, Virginia, North Carolina) and have rarely seen firearms carried by other backpackers. Most of the friends that I backpack with would not even consider carrying a firearm. It's just not necessary. In the nearby Great Smoky Mountains, any type of firearm is prohibited. So, no, I would not say that it is a common thing to carry and fire weapons while camping, unless you are on a hunting trip, when this would be obviously normal.

alpha754293

What is this storage?
Dozer said:
Prof,

I have done extensive backpacking here in the U.S. (Maine, Georgia, Tennesee, Virginia, North Carolina) and have rarely seen firearms carried by other backpackers. Most of the friends that I backpack with would not even consider carrying a firearm. It's just not necessary. In the nearby Great Smoky Mountains, any type of firearm is prohibited. So, no, I would not say that it is a common thing to carry and fire weapons while camping, unless you are on a hunting trip, when this would be obviously normal.

Unless you're thinking of hunting with a tazer!!! lol....nothing like cooking your deer while you're hunting for it, right? (I'm sure that 50,000 volts ought to do the trick.) ;)