CAS 2 DDR Memory

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Hey Guys-

I'm contemplating my next system. It may be nForce2 based or , who knows, I might try some HyperThreading mojo with Intel.

Anyway, either way, I want to get the best/fastest DDR memory I can find. CAS2 memory is important to me but I haven't seen much at all. I went to the Mushkin site (my preferred memory source) and all they appeared to have was CAS 2.5 DDR.

Are you guys using fast CAS2 DDR? If so, where are you getting it and what brand is best?

Thanks,
Clocker

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Nothing from Crucial, but it looks like Corsair is selling CAS2 sticks at up to 512MB PC3500. That's probably pretty good. ;)

Handruin

Administrator
I've seen this name around, but I don't know anything about them:

OCZ EL DDR PC-3500 Enhanced Latency Series

ULN Technology: (U)ltra (L)ow (N)oise shielded PCB

Optional - Copper Heat Spreader

Lifetime Warranty

256MB or 512MB Modules based on OCZ brand EL DDR IC (4.5 ns)

CL 2*

217 (434) MHz*

184 Pin Dimm

Unbuffered

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Clocker,

Mushkin has the best CAS2 DDR memory available.

It is called "Hi Perf Level 2" Don't be fooled by the "PC2100" rating, I have run mine at 180Mhz with the most aggresive memory timings. 2-2-5-2. It can go over 200Mhz with relaxed memory timings. I am running a pair of the 990892's -----A Review

Available from:

Mushkin

NewEgg

Mushkin will have Level 2 DDR available in PC2700 soon, if not already.

Muskin

NewEgg

Jake the Dog

Storage is cool
OCZ, GEIL and Crucial all do PC3500 CAS2 memory (otherwise know as DDR433 ). personally I'd go with Crucial but I've read good reviews on the other CAS2 DDR433 products. afaik, each of the thee makers handpick their ram modules and test each DIMM before it goes out the door.