Convert digital audio out from TV to analog for use with wireless headphones

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
You audio people out there...

I stream HD content from my WHS (using Serviio) to my TV via DNLA with a variety of audio formats. I know to use my Sennheiser wireless headphones I have to convert the digital audio out from the TV to analog for the headphones. I've read that some converters won't work or be able to convert some formats/streams. Is there a digital to analog audio converter you guys can recommend to connect between my TV and & headphnes?

Thanks,
Clocker

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Yeah, I use the analo output. There's no volume control though.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
If your stuff is all plugged in to a receiver, it will convert whatever you've got into whatever your want. That's the point of having a receiver.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
My TC-P50ST50 only has optical digital audio out. I have an A/V receiver that I use on occasion but in order to watch my stuff streamed via DLNA (with goes directly to my TV via ethernet) I would have to send the signal from the TV back to the AVR via an HDMI Audio Return Channel. I could do that but I don't really want to have the A/V receiver on because I do most of my watching at night when the family is sleeping and just want to use my headphones which connect into a pair of RCA analog audio plugs. Anyway, I think I found what I need.... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008EPW7O0/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
My TC-P50ST50 only has optical digital audio out. I have an A/V receiver that I use on occasion but in order to watch my stuff streamed via DLNA (with goes directly to my TV via ethernet) I would have to send the signal from the TV back to the AVR via an HDMI Audio Return Channel. I could do that but I don't really want to have the A/V receiver on because I do most of my watching at night when the family is sleeping and just want to use my headphones which connect into a pair of RCA analog audio plugs. Anyway, I think I found what I need.... http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008EPW7O0/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Bummer. It truly sucks that the TV companies are so cheap as to leave out a simple stereo mini jack or something like that. Fortunately all my TVs have an audio out, but the most recent one is a 2012 model.