Creative Marketing apparently staffed by alchemists

CityK

Storage Freak Apprentice
Defying conventional wisdom, Creative has managed to turn garbage into gold. I asked a garbage truck driver about this and he replied: "If ya put crap in the can, you only get trash oudda de can". I'm inclined to believe the garbage-man.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
And I suppose they could make a jpg look better than a RAW file. :eekers:

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
(yawn)

Creative haven't managed to persuade me (or pretty much anyone else I know either) that there is any point in replacing the Sound Blaster Live I already own.

Come to that, they haven't managed to persuade more than one buyer in three thousand that there is any point at all in installing a Creative sound card in any new machine, given the perfectly useful sound that you get on the mainboard.

Creative are history. A solution looking for a problem.

(And you know what? Speaking of problems, we don't ever seem to see sound card driver problems anymore, now that Creative Technology typically no longer provide any part of a new computer system. Funny that.)

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
"Since our system makes converts all sounds -- including CD quality music -- to silence, compressed formats, like MP3 sound even better"

Splash

Learning Storage Performance
Buck said:
You mean there are still non-integrated sound controller options? Why?

Semi-pro and professional sound cards are big business. These people need a level of audio quality that has never been available with any embedded audio offering from a mobo company or chipset manufacturer (Intel, Via, etc) -- and usually with multiple independent audio channels on the scale of 4, 8, or more channels.

Even 2-channel semi-pro sound cards with low-latency ASIO drivers all cost well over US$100.

Splash

Learning Storage Performance
Tannin said:
Splash said:
Even 2-channel semi-pro sound cards with low-latency ASIO drivers all cost well over US$100.

ASIO???

Tannin, you were close, but it's actually the Austrian Security Intelligence Organisation. <chuckle>

Asynchronous Streaming Input Output