CRYSTAL BALL ON LCDS?

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Anyone have an idea what's going on with LCD's, Samsung in particular?

New issue, cheaper price coming?

Thanks

GS

Stereodude

Not really a
Assuming you're talking about LCD monitors for a computer, I think for the most part they're about as cheap as they will get in the sizes up to the mid 20" range. They're also not likely to get much better as the low price keeps in the oldest and poorest performing technology (TN).

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
Sammy 32" 1080p 60hz LCD's seem to be running a little lower than when I got mine, they are under $700 now. For double the price 120hz is available in 32" now but I don't think it is worth it on a computer, actually I turned off all of the enhancements I could. For a monitor I am in front of for 9 hours a day it was totally worth it IMO.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Displays are going to get thinner and offer higher contrast ratios in the near future. We'll start to see large OLEDs sooner or later, and in entertainment-size screens we're going to see network-aware displays that can handle internet streaming video (probably Flash/Silverlight, rather than HTML5) without need for a PC.

udaman

Wannabe Storage Freak
Displays are going to get thinner and offer higher contrast ratios in the near future. We'll start to see large OLEDs sooner or later, and in entertainment-size screens we're going to see network-aware displays that can handle internet streaming video (probably Flash/Silverlight, rather than HTML5) without need for a PC.

Later, much later...and at what price? Been touted for literally years now.

Samsung 80 series, 100% 'support' sRGB (whatever that means) premiere series in 20in & 23in (when they actually ship is anybody's guess...kind of like SSD's)

I've looked @ the smaller LCD HDTV's from Samsung 22-26in range, the one's with supposedly 3k:1 contrast ratios, but they still look flat compared to large screen LCDTV's

These above/below 150k:1 'dynamic' contrast ratio, lol.
http://www.akihabaranews.com/en/news_details.php?id=18480

http://media.akihabaranews.com/18480/SyncMaster_80_Series_1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: