Decided to use the 450 P3 as a server, and experiment box...

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
In retrospect, taking a working, favorite PC, and trying new stuff with it is not the brightest thing I've done this week.

Think the Doctor should have operated on another animal, rather then Frankenstein first.

Plus, it really helps having another box around when you screw up the one your working on.

For example I could try the Powerleap, and other things on the PC. My problem right now is I don't have much desk space, and need another monitor, or a better monitor switch. It really sucks having weird colors on your monitor when you flip the switch between computers.

It's one of the things that has bugged me about the mac and pc on the one 21 inch monitor.

Balance all this fun stuff, against moving, and buying a reloading press, or, rebarreling to a 458 Lott, or getting a muzzle brake, etc.

s

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
Would someone please delete one of these threads?

Sorry, double post...

gs

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
VNC is good for remote operations, but when things are right next to eachother anyway it just doesn't make sense to me... VNC is so much less responsive and does not do certain things well like play videos (dont know about sound)...

Stereodude

Not really a
blakerwry said:
VNC is good for remote operations, but when things are right next to eachother anyway it just doesn't make sense to me... VNC is so much less responsive and does not do certain things well like play videos (dont know about sound)...
Yes, but he said server... So...

Santilli

Hairy Aussie
All I have to do is hook into my 8 port hub, and I'm good to go. One ethernet cable, and I'll load it up with drives, to act as a NETWORK server,(my bad), for documents and backups.

Only problem is I just hooked up my external raid box, using the 2940 I was going to use in the other box...

Oh well,...

I would say it's working kind of cool, but three of the old cheetahs are as good as a room heater..

:sunny: