Dell's Price Protection Offer

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
This is coming in handy for me with my 2005FPW purchase. Thought you guys might find it useful since some of you make use of Dell equipment. Some have been able to take advantage of this policy even if they used various coupons etc. At worst, I've seen people getting additional coupons or account credits.

2. Dell's price protection offer
------------------------------

Dell's price protection offer is not a stated policy. This offer is derived from Dell's Total Satisfaction Return Policy. Dell realizes that prices and components change very rapidly in the computer industry. As a courtesy to our customers, Dell's Customer Care division will, upon request, compare the most current price available to the price you were invoiced for. This review must be requested by the customer; it is not generated automatically.

The price protection review is made on an exact component-by-component basis and the price may go up or down. This comparison does not take into account any promotions or special discounts. If the system price drop is $50 or more, the amount of the price drop will be refunded back to you according to the original payment method (Credit card, payment terms, etc.).

The request for a price protection review will only be honored one time, and must be done within 30 days from the invoice date. If you wish to wait until closer to the 30th day, you can check via the Dell Web site to see if the price has changed. You must go to "Printable Summary view" and compare the part numbers listed on the invoice, to the part numbers listed on our Web site. Please remember that part numbers must be identical to qualify.

Please understand that after 30 days from the invoice date Dell can no longer extend the price protection offer.

You may review Dell's Total Satisfaction Return Policy on Dell's Web site at the following address:

http://www1.us.dell.com/content/top...licy?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~section=010#total

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
I ended up getting a $50 coupon which I used to purchase a NEC ND-3500A DVD Burner.

What's the best media to us with the ND-3500A?
Thx,
C

Pradeep

Storage? I am Storage!
I've had good performance with the Verbatim 16x DVD+R.

If you are feeling adventurous, you can flash the firmware on the 3500, to remove the DVD ripping speed lock, the RPC lock, and to allow you to set the booktype for DVD+R to DVD-ROM. Just did it myself, because my Panny S97 DVD player refuses to playback anything set at DVD+R.

http://tdb.rpc1.org/#ND3500A

I used the Beta Mad Dog 2.F9 Windows version.

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Clocker said:
What's the best media to us with the ND-3500A?

DVD+R = Taiyo Yuden T02's

These are also sold as Fujifilm 8X DVD+R at Best Buy and will report as "YUDEN000 T02" when checked with a utility such as Nero Infotool or LiteOn's Smart-Burn Media Check.

LunarMist

I can't believe I'm a Fixture
Yeah, but those TYs are only 8x. The Verbatim 16x works great in my 3500, but I am looking for an alternate for the second disc. Are there any other good 16x media?

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
LunarMist said:
Yeah, but those TYs are only 8x. The Verbatim 16x works great in my 3500, but I am looking for an alternate for the second disc. Are there any other good 16x media?

Taiyo Yuden T02s are called 8X but burn at 16X on the 3500.

While the ND-3500A wrote to most of our test media at 8x or 12x, very little of it worked at 16x. Even Memorex's 16x DVD+R discs were limited to only 12x. The only media we found that would work at this speed were the Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD+R, Verbatim 16x DVD+R and Maxell 8x DVD-R discs. Even then, the ND-3500A took longer than expected to write our test data to Verbatim's 16x DVD+R media...

Type: Taiyo Yuden 8x DVD+R.....ID: YUDEN000T02.....TIME TO WRITE 4GB: 5:38
Type: Verbatim 16x DVD+R.....ID: MCC-004.....TIME TO WRITE 4GB: 5:45

CDRLabs Review