Diving

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Are there any scuba divers present here, besides me?
If so, how much have you dived? Since when?
What courses have you completed?
Where do you normally dive?

Started in '91, and starting on the PADI rescue diver course today.

And for those that haven't tried it, if you feel mentally and physically up to it, I warmly recommend trying it!

Howell

Storage? I am Storage!
Some time ago.
1m and 3m.
3 years (9-12 years old).
At the club pool.

Oh, nevermind. I don't want to SCUBA dive. I have this thing about drowning.

Gilbo

Storage is cool
I got certified several years ago, almost a decade ago actually. I went on several dives then, in Jamaica. I did some diving in the Caymans two years after that, and then, another two years later in Belize. The Caymans were gorgeous and Belize was spectacular. While every diver has heard of the Caymans, I personally enjoyed Belize more.

I'm certainly not an experienced diver. Outside of my training dives I've only spent about 12 hours underwater spread across about 20 dives. I've only done the basic Openwater PADI certification.

At the moment, I don't think any diving guide would let me dive without a refresher class. It's been four years since I've sucked on compressed air. I haven't travelled anywhere suitable. Sometimes I think about shelling out for a dry suit and doing some diving locally, but good dry suits aren't cheap, and between photography, camping, and storage :) I already have too many hobbies and too little cash.

I actually trained fairly seriously as a free diver for a while as well. However, sadly, I'm out of practice in that as well.

flagreen

Storage Freak Apprentice
The Jo Jo,

Where do you normally dive in Finland? How cold is the water?

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Sorry for the late reply, I was on a Emergency First Aid course on Thursday, PADI Rescue Diver theory lessons on Friday and the whole weekend doing RD excercises! Yesterday I did the test for the RD course, 60 questions.

I did my PADI OWD course in Thailand in '91, AOWD in Thailand in 2001 and now the RD course. I've only got about 40-50 dives though.

I'll be right back with some more info.... damm work interfering with this posting.

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Normally I dive in the sea, outside and a little to the east of Helsinki. Here in Turku I have lately been diving in some rock quarries (? where they mine rock, resulting in large holes in the ground :) ). The water is usually very clear in them.

On tuesday I were diving in a quarry 24m deep, with the water being 6 degrees celcius below 15m. At the surface it was about 20 degrees celcius. Visibility about 10m.

In the sea the temperature might be something like 5-25, with 20+ temperatures only very near the surface, and not too far out to sea. Visibility not too far out is something like 1-5m usually. Maybe 0.5-3m.