Does anyone else get frequent XML errors?

Jan Kivar

Learning Storage Performance
I get these errors frequently while reading the threads. Does anyone get these errors too? (or maybe it's just an IE error...)

Note that this error looks like the "the page cannot be found" error message in IE...

Jan

Code:
The XML page cannot be displayed 
Cannot view XML input using XSL style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

End tag 'head' does not match the start tag 'link'. Error processing resource 'http://www.storageforum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=34299'. Line 11, Position 3 

</head>
--^

Jan Kivar

I did get the same (ok, not identical) message when I posted that message...

Jan

Handruin

Administrator
I haven't seen that yet, what version of IE are you using? For the time being, if it drives you crazy there are a few other themes available that don't use XHTML. You can change them in your profile section.

I looked at the code and I don't know why it is complaining. The <head> tag opens and closes properly. The <link> tage doesn't have a closing tag which I believe is normal. Some how this is confusing your browser, based on the error message.

I've had no problems yet using the latest IE6, Mozilla 1.4b, and Opera 7.

How long have you been getting these errors? Is it something recent, or has it been bothering you for a while now?

Jan Kivar

I'm using the standard one in XP, version 6.00.2600. I've gotten these errors before (like once per month), but since the server moved (physically) I get them nearly every time now (at least with the fisubtext theme). I tried to open this thread six-seven times, then I changed theme. Can't tell how well this works...

Jan

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Have never seen it before, but got the XML error just now when I tried to see this thread in "For Sale & Trade". 2003/06/01, 12:40 hours, PDST.

Been using IE 5.5 forever.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Been getting it multiple times now. Got off, cleared browser cache and seems to be ok for now. :(

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Buck said:
Hmm, I haven't seen this error message yet.
Ditto here. No errors at all when viewing SF. I use the default theme and IE 6 with all updates applied.

- Fushigi