Does Multipath support JBOD arrays?

mikerault

What is this storage?
Website
www.scubamage.com
I have a two-node RedHat 4 AS cluster using Oracle CRS as its clusterware. I utilize dual qla2200 HBAs to talk through a Brocade 2250 switch to two-JBOD arrays, a Nexstor 18f and a Nexstor 8f. I do not use a RAID controller on either JBOD.

I have a OCFS setup on two drives that contain the voting and config files for the cluster software, the cluster comes up fine and is configured using multipath and DM to use active-active through the two controllers on each host.

I am configuring Oracle ASM. Using the oracleasm tool I can query and see the ASM disks on the JBOD. All of the ASM disks show up as multipathed in an activie-active configuration.

When I start the ASM environment on Node A, Node B ASM will not start, if I start the ASM first on Node B then Node A cannot start ASM. There appears to be a permission/global sharing/scsi reservation issue, but I'll be damned if I can find it.:cursin:

Anyone come up against this before? This is with Oracle11g, release 1, my kernel is 2.6.9-67.0.15 ELsmp #1.

Thanks

mikerault

What is this storage?
Website
www.scubamage.com
Turns out the issue wasn't with multipath, it was with the interconnect configuraiton, I had configured 2 interconnects from the gitgo and you can't do that as it confuses ASM so I disbaled one of the interconnects and everything is now working.