Donkey .NET

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I have VS.NET Architect Edition (most complete version), but I don't see the donkey demo anywhere.

-Tim

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I downloaded it and tested it out. The code is not that hard to understand. But after I started editing a bunch of stuff, the program crashes now.

After you install it you can view the code...which will give you an idea of how VB works...

-Tim

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Ya, its pretty cool, especially since VB.net isn't nearly as powerful as VC++ or VC#. It's definately more powerful than in the past. But without lots of programming experience, you won't be stressing any language...

-Tim

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Tannin said:
The question, Tim, is not "how much do I stress the language?" It is "how much does the language stress me?" :mrgrn:

Hehe... good point! :D

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
Yep AE is 7 CD's but the last 2 are not needed. CD6 is MS Visual Sourcecafe and CD 7 is Visio 2002.

-Tim

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
BTW, timwhit, can you compile Donkey .NET in an executable file and make it available for me?

Wanna see it... :D

timwhit

Hairy Aussie
I compiled the code, but I could only get it to run on a computer that VS.Net installed....I don't know what the problem is, and I don't want to spend hours trying to figure it out either.

So I guess you will have to get a copy of VS.NET and give a try for yourself.

BTW, it's not worth the money if all you want to do is run Donkey.net :)

-Tim

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
I know... afterall it's a demo game for the brain-dead... :p

However, if you manage to make it run independendly append this thread... (just for the heck of it)
Thanks.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
The game is utterly hilarious... I wonder how they chose it to "show" the capabilities of VB.net...

time

Storage? I am Storage!
timwhit said:
I compiled the code, but I could only get it to run on a computer that VS.Net installed....I don't know what the problem is, and I don't want to spend hours trying to figure it out either.
Exactly. This is why I can't afford to use VB. Fine if you're an employee or paid at an hourly rate, but IMO disastrous otherwise. :x