Downloading a .ram file

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
There's a 1-hour Real video I want to download. I can run it from the the web site, but when I right click and try to save it to disk, it comes down as a 62kb file. I tried searching the forums, but got 20+ pages of hits. Can someone point me in the right direction if they know off the top of their head? Thanks.

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks, Blake. It was a text file with a link to a page, rtsp://......smil (SMIL Multimedia Presentation). But when I put the full address in a browser, Real Player gets fired off automatically. I tried disabling the SMIL plug-in in Firefox, didn't help. IE does the same thing. Can't seem to just download the thing.

EdwardK

Learning Storage Performance
The other option is to use a capturing tool such as Streambox VCR to capture .ram files. The last I heard, Real Networks sued Streambox over this. However, a quick Google search still return links to the beta versions :wink:

Cheers,
Edward

mubs

Storage? I am Storage!
Thanks, EdwardK and CityK. StreamboxVCR can't seem to do it. I tried all versions, Beta 2, Beta 3 and Beta 3.1. Beta 2 dies immediately with an app error. betas 3 and 3.01 die within about 5 seconds. Keep trying with the same result. I can stream it fine, though. The file I want is the one in my thread here.

HellDiver

Learning Storage Performance
mubs :

Try dropping by this place. They may not be fully up to date, but they have truckloads of info on the subject.

MaxBurn

Storage Is My Life
What I do in this situation is write myself a little web page with that link in it. Then open the page in IE and use the right click - save as thing.