Driver Cleaner (Good, Not-So-Good, Otherwise?)

iGary

Learning Storage Performance
Anybody here use Driver Cleaner or Driver Cleaner Pro?

Does it work as advertised?

• ...Driver Cleaner Professional Editon is a program which helps you to remove parts of drivers that are left after uninstalling the old drivers. The program is for ATI, nVidia, Creative, Realtek, SIS, 3Dfx, S3 and more drivers. First you need to uninstall the drivers from the control panel, then reboot. After rebooting, run the program. If you really want a good description of what steps you should take, then you really need to read the readme file included in the zip file and installation as it contains a detailed step by step description. The program also fully supports windows themes and other kind of themes.

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I don't know that I'd get that much value out of it. What I lie awake dreaming about is Norton Anti-Virus Cleaner. If it gets rid of that McAffee pox as well, that would be an extra bonus. The number of hours I have wasted going crosseyed in regedit trying to get rid of these two prime troublemakers ....

Bah, it's not worth thinking about.

sechs

Storage? I am Storage!
I generally prefer to clean install the operating system over letting third-party software muck it up.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Since I only use Via-based motherboards with onboard S3 video, or Via Boards and ATI Radeons, I'm not seeing much point in something like that.

tazwegion

Learning Storage Performance
Totally agree with sechs 100% ;)

Partially uninstalled video drivers can cause various issues, with the SiS multimedia drivers being the most troublesome IME :(

Nuke it! and start from scratch :D

Sol

Storage is cool
nvidia and ati both supply thier own driver uninstallers these days that work fairly well...

The last SiS video card I used was in a P90 and I think that's how it'll stay...