Drug Design optimization Lab

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Hey guys I'm just here to give an update on SR's D2OL team and recruit anbody who might be interested.

We're off to a great start and just grew to our 60th member. We've rocketed up to 25th place over the past 3 weeks and are the 4th most productive team participating in the project. One nice bonus is that we are spanking Team Ars with respect to productivity already. The next major hardware site in our sights is Team Anandtech but Team Norway and The Dutch Power Cows are definitely formidable foes as well.

If any of you are looking for a change or would like to participate in more than one DC project, please consider joining Team SR. It would be great to have you on-board and to see a familiar ID now and then.

Some nice things about the D2OL client are as follows:
  • Clients available for Win98/2K/NT/ME/XP, OS X, Solaris, Linux
  • You can cache a huge amount of work units on your machine if you don't have a full-time net connection
  • Easily launchable as a Service using FireDaemon
  • It's got a pretty nice GUI for those of you who like to watch
HERE"S HOW TO JOIN if you're interested.

Thanks for you time!

Clocker

i

Wannabe Storage Freak
Ahh, but is there a GUI when running on a Linux system?

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Hey i-

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your question. You might try the D2OL forums if you really want the answer. Here: http://www.d2ol.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=3

One other nice thing about D2OL is that your work follows you no matter what team you are on. So, if you process units for Team SR for some given length of time and then decide to join another team, the credit for the work units you have already processed go with you when you leave.

That's a nice option for someone who wants the flexibility of switching teams without losing 'points'.

C

Primate

What is this storage?
Yes there is a GUI on the linux client.
In fact, the linux client is much like the windows version with only a few minor differences.

In my limited experience with my laptop, the linux version is also more efficient.