eeep my video has gone awry

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
hey, as of the last day or two my video on one of my PC's has had a problem... kind of like a horizintally ghosted image across the whole screen... This happens at the desktop and even in the BIOS screens....

badscreen.jpg

I have tried switching positions on my KVM switch but that did not make any difference... one computer works(my main one) and the other doesnt...

I also tried a different monitor(and cables) and different resolution/refresh rates.... same problem

This was all working fine for months and suddenly crapped out.

The vid card is a TNT2 m64

do you guys have any ideas on how to correct this? is my vid card going to die? do you guys have any recomendations for a stable linux compatible vid card... I have an old ATi Rage LC AGP card.. I believe it is based off the old mach64 chipset(dispite the rage name) but I have never trusted it to be a "reliable" card.

Dozer

Learning Storage Performance
Website
planetdozer.dyndns.org
Blake-

No input on resolving the problem--but I have an ATI Rage Fury Pro running in Mandrake. No compatability problems to speak of. BTW--nice screen (I think I'm using the same wallpaper).

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
well... i guess thge vid card finally died... or something.... I had been running it in specs too.

Aparently I bought it July 14th 2000.... ah how the time flies... you think the thing has a 3 year warrenty (guillemot maxi gamer Couger)?

I tried going to Guillemot's support.. but it doesnt seem that there is any... it is all changed to the hercules name... and to get support via the website you need to be using a hercules branded product....

I tried using their forum (which is not guaranteed to get a response and not meant to replace tech support).. the only other option is long distance phone call to tech support....

It does seemt hat hercules branded products carry a 3 year warrantee, so im hoping the guillemot branded ones will too.