ERROR AND AUTOSHUTDOWN WHILE PLAYING CALL OF DUTY

IhateATI

What is this storage?
I just bought call of duty and a 9800PRO vid card and i keep getting this error message saying "CoDMP.exe has encountered an error and needs to close" and it tells me to send an error report. then it automatically restarts the computer. anyone else have this problem? I have no idea what to do so any advice would help. thank you

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
Hi IHateATI.

I hate nvidia myself. Maybe we need to start a club.

There's a small selection of games, including Call of Duty and Neverwinter Nights, that don't work very well with current ATI driver releases. There's a patch on ATI's web site that's supposed to fix things (search around their knowledge base).

For my gaming PC, I install Omega Drivers instead. Makes NWN much more enjoyable for me.

Brick_top

What is this storage?
IhateATI said:
I just bought call of duty and a 9800PRO vid card and i keep getting this error message saying "CoDMP.exe has encountered an error and needs to close" and it tells me to send an error report. then it automatically restarts the computer. anyone else have this problem? I have no idea what to do so any advice would help. thank you

The new catalyst 3.10 has a fix for that problem.
that problem was fixed right after reports of it happening in the catalyst 3.9 .