Ever heard of a Western Digital SPARTAN 136AA 13.6GB HD?

Awood9000

What is this storage?
I have been looking around like crazy trying to find a WD SPARTAN 136AA 13.6 GB hard drive. The controller board on the underside of my old drive went belly up and I have been desperately seeking a compatible drive to swap boards. I neally need the data from the drive but am looking for an alternative to sending it in to have the data recovered - you know - issues with $$$$$. If you are unaware of any more of these drives, do you know of a compatible alternative that i might be able to use? HELP!

Awood9000

What is this storage?
Mercutio said:
I have two of them at the moment. They're absolute slugs but both still worked.

Yeah, they are pretty slow. I am trying to recover lost data with a minimum impact to my wallet. Would you be interested in parting with one of your drives (if they are still operational)? If so let me know. I would be interested. Thanks -

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I could part with one for a modest sum of money, $30, or perhaps an exchange of one functioning drive for another.

Awood9000

What is this storage?
Looks good to me

Mercutio said:
I could part with one for a modest sum of money, $30, or perhaps an exchange of one functioning drive for another.

30$ sounds very reasonable to me. I have a Seagate HD at the house as well. I don't think the drive is as big as the 13.6, so I would be more than happy to send you $30 and the drive if you would like.