F@H 2.19 Console CLient Wanted

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
2.19 is the only version that supports the -local switch.

I want to try running F@H on a RAMDRIVE on my spare machines so the HDDs can spine down and stay that way. With the 3.x F@H client, the windows registery is periodically accessed and the -local switch does not work so the HDDs wake up every now and then.

ANyone have FAHConsole.exe? I think that is what is was called or was it called FAH2Console.exe?

Thanks,
C

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Clocker said:
2.19 is the only version that supports the -local switch.

I want to try running F@H on a RAMDRIVE on my spare machines so the HDDs can spine down and stay that way. With the 3.x F@H client, the windows registery is periodically accessed and the -local switch does not work so the HDDs wake up every now and then.

ANyone have FAHConsole.exe? I think that is what is was called or was it called FAH2Console.exe?

Thanks,
C

Console v2.19

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Cliptin said:
Clocker said:
Thanks G!

C

2.19 does not have the -server switch right? How do you work around this?

I don't know what the -server switch is. What is it used for? I have never used it.

C

Cliptin

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.whstrain.us
Clocker said:
Cliptin said:
Clocker said:
Thanks G!

C

2.19 does not have the -server switch right? How do you work around this?

I don't know what the -server switch is. What is it used for? I have never used it.

C

You have the ability to restart any service automatically if it fails for some reason. UPS, DHCP and in this case folding can be restarted by the services manager. As I understand it, before the -service switch was implemented the core exe could fail but the console would keep running along happily and your machine would not get the benefit of a service restart. I don't know the details of what happens now but supposedly the switch fixed this problem.