Flock

Gilbo

Storage is cool
That's the new browser that's all "WEB-2.0ey" eh?

It integrates a lot of social information management features I suppose. If you wouldn't mind, could you run down a quick list of what it does differently. I've been looking into ways to manage the internet a little more efficiently lately. I passed over Flock because I couldn't find any details on what it is actually doing. I'm definitely interested though.

Gilbo

Storage is cool
LOL. Minutes after I post the above this Slashdot article on the browser appears in my RSS reader. I'd still love to here your opinions Adcadet.

Gilbo

Storage is cool
Currently some of the Slashdot commentary is actually pretty funny. Normally Slashdot comments make me pray for a nuclear war and the commensurate eradication of the human species.

#1 feature I have heard of so far: sharing bookmarks between different computers. I assume it does this by storing your bookmarks in a del.icio.us account automagically. If nothing else, that's pretty useful all by itself.

This one:
The greatest feature...
(Score:5, Funny)
The "Go back" and "Go forward" buttons have merged into an all powerful "stay here" button.
Is actually rather insightful, since these types of social information organizing phenomena strongly encourage people to stay in their comfort zone, reading nothing but things that they'll agree with. What I'd love to see are social information organizing systems that show you what you want to see, but also challenge you with the opposite. I'd like to see evolution articles presented to someone who has bookmarked creationist websites and vice versa. That would actually deliver a little of this Web 2.0 hype, by offering people a broader view.

On a purely humorous note, this one reminded me of a recent comment by Merc...
What I need.....
(Score:5, Funny)
by Anonymous Coward on Thursday October 20, @10:38PM (#13841729)
...is an anti-social browser.

Sorry for the triple post.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
I browse Slashdot at -1. I've picked up I don't know how much weird tech knowledge in STRANGE places there, so I try to look at everything when I read a thread.

Some of the Slashdot trolls are really creative and funny, too.