Folding work assignments

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Why is it that Tea keeps getting tiddly little 0.6 point work units that always finish running on her stable of Athlon 1900s long before they have a web connection to send results in with and get more work with, while my pair of K6-IIIs - not by any means the world's best number crunchers - keep getting lumbered with ProteinAs that take two and a half days to complete?

This is backwards! Stupid damn assignment server.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Persever my little lady. It all works out in the end. I was getting a bunch of piddly unity on my Athlon box for a while but now I'm seeing some proteinA's....

Yippee! I just past Handruin and am 3 points away from 500 units! Doug and I have been playing cat & mouse for a while as I kept watchin Coug knocking at my back door. It seems Coug has lost some resources but I'm sure Doug will bounce back in front of me again...his output seems somewhat erratic. I'll bask in the glory of 3rd place for now though...I don't ever have a chance to go higher..

C

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Whoops! I thought you were Tea! Sorry about that! I didn't mean to insult you by calling you a woman!!
C

Tannin

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
It's cool Clocker. We get mixed up too sometimes!

Congratulations on your third place! Alas, while you have been successful in your struggle with the Evil Handruin, I am still stuck down at the bottom of the table, and Tea is falling further and further behind JoJo.

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
At the rate we're producing work units, it looks like we're poised to eventually be in 26th place or so...

C

Clocker

Storage? I am Storage!
Clocker said:
Yippee! I just past Handruin and am 3 points away from 500 units! Doug and I have been playing cat & mouse for a while as I kept watchin Coug knocking at my back door. It seems Coug has lost some resources but I'm sure Doug will bounce back in front of me again...his output seems somewhat erratic. I'll bask in the glory of 3rd place for now though...I don't ever have a chance to go higher..

Lol. That didn't last long!! Watch your back, eViL Handruin!

C

The JoJo

Wannabe Storage Freak
Website
www.thejojo.com
Don't let Tea get depressed Tony! She is doing some mighty fine work! I managed to get a few computers crunching for me for a few days.

Now were do we get some more computers so that we get into the top ten :) ?

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
I am depressed, JoJo. That bloody Tannin won't let me add any more crunchers to my little empire ... er ... network. He says that a computer shop is supposed to be computer shop and he hasn't got the time or the space to keep on building crunchers, even though he's got enough parts to build at least another five Athlon XP 1800s if he wants to. I'd build them myself but because I'm not real I can only do it if Tannin helps. It's not fair.

Maybe I could ask Kristi to help me? Only I think she's on Tannin's side too.

Sigh.