Fonts

Handruin

Administrator
I'm looking for some nice fonts (TrueType), does anyone have a special place they go to get some nice fonts. (Preferably free)

Before anyone points me to google, I've done plenty of searching in the past only to find oddball fonts. I'm looking for some nice clean fonts, nothing elaborate. If anyone regularly visits a site, or knows of a specific CD-ROM I could purchase, I'd be very happy to hear your thoughts/ideas.

Handruin

Administrator
blakerwry said:
searching for good fonts is like searching for good pr0n now isn't it?

I have used google in the past.. and www.1001freefonts.com (just click on the letters A-Z and you'll be fine)

I had gone here last night and stopped because of the rediculous pop-up windows... If you say it is good, I may give it a 2nd chance.

Mercutio

Fatwah on Western Digital
blakerwry said:

Finding good pr0n is hard? You aren't looking in the right places, my friend. Had I but known you were having difficulties in that area...

/me wishes I had a fast connection so I could actually partake in my hobby. :(

blakerwry

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
justblake.com
Mercutio said:
blakerwry said:

Finding good pr0n is hard? You aren't looking in the right places, my friend. Had I but known you were having difficulties in that area...

/me wishes I had a fast connection so I could actually partake in my hobby. :(

Finding good pr0n at the local video place is not hard.. finding good free pr0n on the internet, however, is.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
blakerwry said:
Finding good pr0n at the local video place is not hard.. finding good free pr0n on the internet, however, is.
n00b!
hah.gif

Hit my sig and start leeching, blake!

Mercutio

Prof, I can honestly say I've never seen your sig before. But I fired up IE to take a look. God god is that thing large and hideous.

P2P stuff isn't any better than web stuff. Usually it's worse. There's zero quality control and a lot of crap just gets renamed and reposted. More video, though.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
Mercutio said:
Prof, I can honestly say I've never seen your sig before. But I fired up IE to take a look. God god is that thing large and hideous.
Actually it's only 16KB, but I should have asked all of you before using it because of the proportions. If you have any problem, say it or here or with a PM. I shall take it into consideration, honestly.
P2P stuff isn't any better than web stuff. Usually it's worse. There's zero quality control and a lot of crap just gets renamed and reposted. More video, though.
Hey, this is not Napster era you know. There have been many many advances in the 3rd and 4th generations of p2p networks. The edonkey2000 network is one of the best and trust me, it has many mechanisms to counter fake and low-quality stuff. Anyway, you can easily find pr0n of decent quality (VHS or even DVD rips). Maybe if you setup and FTP server I could up you a couple of stuff. But with that 28.8K modem it will take eons.

PS. You can always PM me if you need more sources, including bittorents. :wink:

Mercutio

You realize you're talking to someone with over 3TB of disk space (gotta love those $105 160GB samsung drives!) who describes his collection as "sizeable", right?

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Handruin said:
Groltz said:
http://www.typenow.net/

I've spent the entire night download fonts from this site! Thanks man!

You're very welcome, Mister Handruin.

Merc said:
You realize you're talking to someone with over 3TB of disk space (gotta love those $105 160GB samsung drives!) who describes his collection as "sizeable", right?

Ok Mercutio....OK.

Just wait till I find that .gif that I saw floating around Sharereactor. :mrgrn:

Groltz

My demeaning user rank is
Mercutio said:
There's supposed to be something there, right? Something I can't see?
Probably best that I can't see it.

Huh?

Nothing's hidden. It's not an animated image. It's just a graphic I saw in someone's sig that I thought I'd bring into this pr0n thread. :wink:

Mercutio

My browser is set to download images from originating server only. Things that aren't on the same site as the URL I'm looking at literally don't exist. Moz cleared a space to show me that something is there, but I don't see anything.

Yes, I could visit in IE or something, but somehow I think I'm better off without.

Mercutio

Death to truetype! Burn all postscript!

80x24 console displays are all I need.

(Sadly, I'm basically serious, even if honold isn't).

honold

Storage is cool
i appreciate the standard fonts used by windows, but yeah, i wasn't kidding. i really hate fonts.

Fushigi

Storage Is My Life
Mercutio said:
80x24 console displays are all I need.

(Sadly, I'm basically serious, even if honold isn't).
While you're at it you may as well ditch the whole GUI. It's a vastly overrated experience anyway. Trade off loads of efficiency for the potential of a slightly more attractive interface. And yes, I'm somewhat serious as well.

- Fushigi

honold

Storage is cool
i never use x on unix because i don't use unix as a desktop. that being said, you're not giving anything up by having a gui available. there are things a gui can do better than a console, and you're not stopping yourself from using the console just by having a gui.

Prof.Wizard

Wannabe Storage Freak
You guys are more ancient than the marbles of my country... :lol:

GUIs, themes, Flash, fonts, GIF smilies... all are here to make our time in front of the PC a little more interesting and human!
Enough with the console! Only when really needed.

Tea

Storage? I am Storage!
Website
www.redhill.net.au
Fontz are evil. You want a Times and you want a Helvetica (Swiss, Ariel, whatever you want to call it). Everything else is horrible eye candy that will consume your brain and rot your teeth.

(Well, OK, I do admit to the odd craving for a quality Century Schoolbook. I bought a Century Schoolbook cartridge for my old Deskjet 500 (does anyone remember font cartridges?) once ... er, no, that must have been Tannin, I wasn't around then ... sometimez I hafve these racial memories pop up ... which I have never seen the equal of from that day to this.)